From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi2402@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Multimedia Playback Speed
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 00:28:47
1 Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2 > I'm having difficulty getting multimedia clips to play at the proper speed.
3 > Almost everything I play, across several players and file types, including
4 > RealPlayer, wants to play too fast. Video goes quickly and voices all sound
5 > like The Chipmunks. None of the player utilities seem to have a speed
6 > control so I don't know how to manage the problem. My laptop, running
7 > Ubunto, doesn't have the problem. Windows doesn't have the problem,
8 > although on my desktop system playing these clips inside a guest Windows OS
9 > in VMware has the same problems that VMware always seems to have with audio
10 > - lots of breaks in the audio (and video). I'd really like to to solve this
11 > problem on the Linux side.
12 >
13 > Does anyone have any ideas how I should go about correcting this?
16 Could you provide more info about your hardware? mplayer/vlc/xine/...
17 versions and so on ?
18
19 Rémi Cardona
20 --