From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] udev rules question
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 01:09:37
1 080427 Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2 > I used to be able to write udev rules that worked,
3 > but it looks as if Greg KH has been a very busy lad
4 > and udev has gotten a lot more complex of late.
5
6 I just had a run-in with Udev after updating to 119 .
7 It started when I went to back up a small file on diskette as usual
8 & I was told it couldn't access 'A:'. The cause turned out to be
9 a change in the permissions for /dev/fd0 to 640 .
10 After some investigation, incl a search of the Forum,
11 which had no direct advice, but pointed to a Wiki article,
12 I was able to write a local rule to set the permission back to 660 .
13
14 It does seem a bizarre change: does anyone have any comments ?
18 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
19 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
20 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
21 --
22 gentoo-desktop@l.g.o mailing list