From: Roman <lists@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] cmake porting status for Trinity
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:02:41
hi serghei,

i can't mail you directly, serghei@××××.ro gives "Access denied"...

i wanted to get back to you much sooner, but i currently have a very busy
personal life. So i probably can't check in on irc..

As we talked on irc, i did some work on the ebuilds (not yet commited to
As i was trying to bump some ebuilds to a newer revision, i stumbled across a
little problem.
In the trinity-svn there is the kde-common/cmake folder which seems to be
needed by every ebuild as it contains some tqt/TDE files.

When you packaged the distfiles did you just copy cmake to kdebase/cmake or
did you have to change anything else?

Does the trinity-svn contain basically the same cmake-related files as your

I am currently working on a script to bump the ebuilds/automatically create
the tarballs from svn and am thinking to package kde-common/cmake into its
own archive and add -DCMAKE_SOURCE_DIR=workdir/cmake to the ebuilds, if that
is all that is needed.

Still need to find out why kdm keeps segfaulting and how to get desktop
configured automatically (guess that is part of the startkde-script which i
will have to gentooify).

If my tests go well, i think i can commit the stuff at the end of the week..

It's been my observation that a person's brains get evenly divided up
among their sockpuppets.
From: Alan Connor

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset] cmake porting status for Trinity Serghei Amelian <serghei@××××.ro>