From: maillists <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] net.eth0 problem
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:49:09
1 On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 16:47 -0600, Dale wrote:
2 > maillists wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I have a desktop system and I just updated the system "emerge auvDN
6 > > system" and after a bit of work finally got it done. However, now when I
7 > > reboot, the init script for eth0 fails. The only way I can get
8 > > networking to work is if I run "dhcpcd eth0" manually after it boots. As
9 > > a result, sshd cant run at all.
10 > >
11 > > This is my error:
12 > >
13 > > bong rbragg # /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start
14 > > * Please make sure that /etc/conf.d/net has $ifconfig_ set
15 > > * (or $iface_ for old-style configuration)
16 > >
17 > > I have not chanted my "/etc/conf.d/net" file at all, and it looks
18 > > good...
19 > >
20 > > Does anybody know what I should do to start down the path of fixing
21 > > this?
22 > >
23 > > thanks
24 > > rick
30 > I would try a etc-update first. It looks like the configs have
31 > changed. If you did this already, it could be that the new programs
32 > don't like the old config too.
33 >
34 > Just a thought.
35 >
36 > Dale
37 >
38 > :-) :-) :-)
39 >
40 > --
41 > www.myspace.com/dalek1967
44 That did it! I used to ignore that, and now I have about 200 files
45 in /etc that need updates! I'm surprised that this is the first time I
46 ran into a problem. I will chop away at the rest of them over time...
47
48 thanks
49 rick
53 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list