From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] net.eth0 problem
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:52:38
maillists wrote:
> Hi, > > I have a desktop system and I just updated the system "emerge auvDN > system" and after a bit of work finally got it done. However, now when I > reboot, the init script for eth0 fails. The only way I can get > networking to work is if I run "dhcpcd eth0" manually after it boots. As > a result, sshd cant run at all. > > This is my error: > > bong rbragg # /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start > * Please make sure that /etc/conf.d/net has $ifconfig_ set > * (or $iface_ for old-style configuration) > > I have not chanted my "/etc/conf.d/net" file at all, and it looks > good... > > Does anybody know what I should do to start down the path of fixing > this? > > thanks > rick > > > >
I would try a etc-update first. It looks like the configs have changed. If you did this already, it could be that the new programs don't like the old config too. Just a thought. Dale :-) :-) :-) -- -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] net.eth0 problem Jean-Marc Beaune <jm.beaune@×××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-desktop] net.eth0 problem maillists <lists@×××××.net>