From: maillists <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] net.eth0 problem
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:39:08

I have a desktop system and I just updated the system "emerge auvDN
system" and after a bit of work finally got it done. However, now when I
reboot, the init script for eth0 fails. The only way I can get
networking to work is if I run "dhcpcd eth0" manually after it boots. As
a result, sshd cant run at all.

This is my error:

bong rbragg # /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start
 * Please make sure that /etc/conf.d/net has $ifconfig_ set
 * (or $iface_ for old-style configuration)

I have not chanted my "/etc/conf.d/net" file at all, and it looks

Does anybody know what I should do to start down the path of fixing