From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Mouseover on audio files
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 06:20:33
1 Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> posted
2 1221010295.23627.7.camel@××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Tue, 09 Sep
3 2008 20:31:35 -0500:
4
5 > How do I get sound files to preview when I mouseover an icon?
6
7 With KDE 3.5, you need USE=arts for media previews (including video),
8 even if you don't use the ARTS sound server. That hit me at one point
9 when I asked myself why I had USE=arts on when I wasn't using ARTS, and
10 tried turning it off for an upgrade.
11
12 I've no idea on GNOME or XFCE or whatever.
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman