From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] System problems
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 02:41:20
Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> << SNIP >> > lh > >
One other thing since this appears to be a PATA/IDE driver issue, make sure you remove the old IDE part in the kernel. I forgot that on my system when I switched from the old IDE drivers to PATA. Also, if you use grub, you may be able to learn if things are laid out the way you think they are. I had two IDE drives attached to the mobo and one SATA drive attached to a SATA PCI card. I expected the kernel to see the drives attached to the mobo first then the drive connected to the SATA card. It didn't work that way. I used grub to figure out that it was seeing the drive attached to the card first then the drives attached to the mobo. This info may not help but thought it worth mentioning just in case. Dale :-) :-)

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] System problems Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>