From: Tobias Heinlein <tobias-heinlein@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Mozilla, seamonkey ??
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 06:33:27
1 I had the same problem a few days ago. It had to do with the package
2 "yelp". Do you have the USE-flag "firefox" in your /etc/make.conf? That
3 switches the dependency to firefox instead of mozilla or seamonkey.
4 After I added that USE-flag everything worked fine.
5 > # emerge -uDp world
6 >
7 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
8 >
9 > Calculating world dependencies... done!
10 > [blocks B ] www-client/mozilla (is blocking www-client/seamonkey-1.0.2)
11 > [blocks B ] www-client/seamonkey (is blocking www-client/mozilla-1.7.13)
12 >
13 > But.....
14 >
15 > # emerge -s seamonkey
16 > Searching... [ Results for search key : seamonkey ]
17 > [ Applications found : 1 ]
18 >
19 > * www-client/seamonkey
20 > Latest version available: 1.0.2
21 > Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
22 >
23 > So what is going on here ???
24 >
25 > Seamonkey isn't installed so it shouldn't be blocking anything. I don't want
26 > it installed. Mozilla _is_ installed, and I don't want to un-install it. I
27 > can't run this update until this is resolved.
28 >
29 > Should I report this as a bug?
33 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list