From: "E. Liddell" <ejlddll@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE Sunset Amarok
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 00:02:40
1 On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 11:41:22 -0500 (CDT)
2 Brent Busby <brent@×××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Recently, something apparently changed on my system during an update
5 > such that Amarok 1 from KDE Sunset will no longer build with the mp4 USE
6 > flag turned on. Since that effectively means that it would no longer be
7 > able to play M4A files ripped from YouTube streams, that would
8 > effectively end my interest in Amarok, so I tried upgrading to the new
9 > QT4 version just to see if it's as awful as everybody says.
10 [...]
11 > So...I'd really like my Amarok 1.4 back...
12
13 The Trinity Project's version might work, but if you're using KDE3 as
14 a desktop environment, the upgrade may cause other problems.
15
16 Read http://wiki.hasnoname.de/tde:trinity-overlay_on_funtoo_gentoo
17 for instructions if you'd like to try it.
18
19 > Addendum: (Also, in an unrelated note, has anyone noticed that the EAPI
20 > warnings from the overlay have gotten really heinous lately during world
21 > updates?)
22
23 Yes, I'd noticed that too. If I'm interpreting the warning correctly, someone
24 has to go through and swap the KMNAME and EAPI lines in most of the
25 ebuilds to get EAPI into the first 5 lines.