From: "Canek Peláez" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Trouble with '*.doc' mime type in gnome
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 04:35:43
1 On 7/16/07, Michael Chaffin <chaffinmichael@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have a small problem with Nautilus (nautilus-2.16.3) when double
3 > clicking on a Microsoft Word Document (*.doc) does /not/ open with
4 > Open Office (openoffice-bin-2.2.1).
5
6 [snip]
7
8 > What is my 'vendor'? I am not even sure 'desktop-file-install' is the
9 > correct tool. Suggestions please.
10
11 Mmmh. You don't mention it in your mail, so I have to ask: have you
12 tried to right click a .doc in nautilus and set the "Open with" tab?
13 It works with all the documents of the same mime type, not only with
14 the one you right click.
15 --
16 Canek Peláez Valdés
17 Facultad de Ciencias, UNAM