From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] prism ebuild
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:40:53
1 On 11:32 Fri 29 Feb , Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 16:09 Thu 28 Feb , kristian wrote:
3 > > since quite some time I am using prism (http://wiki.mozilla.org/Prism)
4 > > in particular gmail through it.
5 > >
6 > > two days ago I made an ebuild mozilla-prism-bin and I am thinking to
7 > > file a bug with it. yesterday I found out that there are already
8 > > ubuntu/debian packages for prism. they also included a couple of
9 > > webapps for prism, see also http://packages.ubuntu.com/prism.
10 > >
11 > > now I wonder if there is a interest from the gentoo side to have
12 > > something similiar, like an ebuild for each of the following webapps.
13 > > they are all part of the mozilla prism project and with the help of
14 > > the debian packages the desktop configuration should be fairly easy.
15 > > # facebook.webapp
16 > > # ganalytics.webapp
17 > > # gcalendar.webapp
18 > > # gdocs.webapp
19 > > # gmail.webapp
20 > > # greader.webapp
21 > > # groups.webapp
22 > > # gtalk.webapp
23 > > # twitter.webapp
24 > >
25 > > in case there is interest I would like to setup these ebuilds and file
26 > > them to bugs.gentoo.org
27 > >
28 > > what you think ?
29 >
30 > Sounds neat. You could also create an overlay with all these packages
31 > and publish it somewhere, with instructions on adding it via layman, so
32 > people could try your ebuilds more easily.
33
34 Another note -- I haven't looked at the debian packaging for this, but
35 it seems like the kind of thing that could be ripe for an eclass or
36 maybe even a script to autogenerate ebuilds on the fly, a la
37 app-portage/g-cpan.
38
39 Thanks,
40 Donnie