From: kristian <m.kristian@×××.de>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] prism ebuild
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 05:45:47
1 OK, let me first setup an overlay and make one or two of these
2 application manually, than I can see how to automate the process
3 debian-prism-application to ebuild.
4
5 with regards
6 Kristian
7
8 On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 1:10 AM, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
9 >
10 > On 11:32 Fri 29 Feb , Donnie Berkholz wrote:
11 > > On 16:09 Thu 28 Feb , kristian wrote:
12 > > > since quite some time I am using prism (http://wiki.mozilla.org/Prism)
13 > > > in particular gmail through it.
14 > > >
15 > > > two days ago I made an ebuild mozilla-prism-bin and I am thinking to
16 > > > file a bug with it. yesterday I found out that there are already
17 > > > ubuntu/debian packages for prism. they also included a couple of
18 > > > webapps for prism, see also http://packages.ubuntu.com/prism.
19 > > >
20 > > > now I wonder if there is a interest from the gentoo side to have
21 > > > something similiar, like an ebuild for each of the following webapps.
22 > > > they are all part of the mozilla prism project and with the help of
23 > > > the debian packages the desktop configuration should be fairly easy.
24 > > > # facebook.webapp
25 > > > # ganalytics.webapp
26 > > > # gcalendar.webapp
27 > > > # gdocs.webapp
28 > > > # gmail.webapp
29 > > > # greader.webapp
30 > > > # groups.webapp
31 > > > # gtalk.webapp
32 > > > # twitter.webapp
33 > > >
34 > > > in case there is interest I would like to setup these ebuilds and file
35 > > > them to bugs.gentoo.org
36 > > >
37 > > > what you think ?
38 > >
39 > > Sounds neat. You could also create an overlay with all these packages
40 > > and publish it somewhere, with instructions on adding it via layman, so
41 > > people could try your ebuilds more easily.
42 >
43 > Another note -- I haven't looked at the debian packaging for this, but
44 > it seems like the kind of thing that could be ripe for an eclass or
45 > maybe even a script to autogenerate ebuilds on the fly, a la
46 > app-portage/g-cpan.
50 > Thanks,
51 > Donnie
52 > --
53 > gentoo-desktop@l.g.o mailing list
60 Kristian Meier & Saumya Sharma & Sanuka
61 Sahyadri School (Krishnamurti Foundation India),
62 Tiwai Hill,
63 Rajgurunagar, Pune-410513
64 Maharashtra, INDIA
65