From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] prism ebuild
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 07:16:39
1 On 11:58 Thu 06 Mar , kristian wrote:
2 > hello,
3
4 Hi, could you please stop top-posting? It makes holding conversations
5 with multiple replies a lot harder than it needs to be.
6
7 > I did setup an overlay with the prism ebuilds. I can clearly see the
8 > need of an eclass to share most of the ebuilds functions. it seems to
9 > be easy to generate the ebuilds from the debian packages.
10 >
11 > there was a debian.eclass (for unpacking debian packages) in portage
12 > before, but I can not find it anymore. what is the right way of
13 > unpacking debian packages ?
14
15 Debian isn't upstream for these packages, is it? If not, I don't see the
16 reason to unpack them in an ebuild. You can access their patch to the
17 base package in a diff.gz file or something like that.
18
19 Thanks,
20 Donnie
21 --