From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] A few problems with CDs and sound
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 01:26:52
1 It might be worth noting that clicking on the "Audio Disk" icon on my
2 desktop that's displayed when I insert a CD crashes Nautilus, which
3 immediately reloads, of course.
4
5 I wouldn't care so much about totem crashing since I'd rather not use it
6 for CDs anyway, but it comes up willy-nilly when I insert a CD. And
7 yes, I've been to System | Preferences | Removable Drives and Media and
8 set gnome-cd as the default Audio CD Disks player, and as far as I can
9 tell totem doesn't show up anywhere in the system configuration. Both
10 gnome-cd and totem open up when I insert a CD. The problem with totem
11 occurs whether or not gnome-cd is running.
12
13 I'd really like to get sound back for grip, though, since that's my CD
14 player of preference.
15
16 I thought someone on this list might have a insightful comment on the
17 totem error:
18
19 "totem: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libcdda.so:
20 undefined symbol: gnome_vfs_uri_get_basename"
21