From: Owen Ford <oford@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] More questions re. evolution
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 04:20:59
1 On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 19:51 -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2 > What should I re-emerge in order to try to get evolution to be stable. So
3 > far, I've re-emerged:
4 >
5 > evolution
6 > evoluiton-data-server
7 > glibc
8 > gtk+
9 > bonobo
10 > libbonobo
11 >
12 > I've also nuked all my evolution config and started over - which will
13 > involve _hours_ of work to rebuild everything with hex-reader from the saved
14 > config files.
15 >
16 > Nothing works. I HAVE to get this program working or I'm f***ed!
17 >
18 > Evolution even crashes with "*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer:
19 > 0x08435618 ***" when I'm scrolling on a window, such as the contact
20 > information window!
21 >
22 > This is worse than having a hard drive crash :-(
23
24 You could strace and see what it is trying to do around that time. I've
25 done this more than a few times when an app starts acting weird.
28 Owen Ford <oford@×××××××××.com>
29 () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email
30 /\ and proprietary formats.