From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxyum@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE live ebuilds and the kdeprefix USE flag default
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 17:58:42
1 On Воскресенье 04 января 2009 20:14:57 Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I wanted to raise this, and it should possibly be an issue we discuss at
5 > the next meeting. Should all live ebuilds default to +kdeprefix?
6 >
7 > Personally I think they should. Anyone wanting an all -kdeprefix system
8 > can set -kdeprefix in their make.conf, and those of us keeping a stable
9 > in -kdeprefix, and a live in +kdeprefix can continue to do this.
10 >
11 > When I originally committed the eclass changes to the default for live
12 > ebuilds this was the case. It was since changed without any discussion.
13 > I think the previous behaviour represents the most flexible approach for
14 > our user and development community.
15 >
16 > Is there a flaw in this logic? As far as I can see anyone wanting the
17 > current behaviour can add a line to their make.conf, the old behaviour
18 > is impossible to reproduce now without maintaining a patched
19 > kde4-base.eclass.
20 >
21 > Thanks,
22 >
23 > Marcus
24 Personaly I think that all kde-base live ebuilds should be in +kdeprefix while
25 misc packages susch as amarok and so on could be both +kdeprefix and - kdeprefix
26 Also I think that misc packages could be installed with snapshots or even
27 stable kde
28 --
29 Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov
30 Gentoo Team Ru