From: Martin von Gagern <Martin.vGagern@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Cc: Ladislav Laska <ladislav.laska@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset: Calling base_src_prepare from kde.eclass
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:03:20
Hi there!

On 19.02.2010 22:23, Ladislav Laska wrote:
> Hello again, > > I have decided to continue discussion in new thread. This discussion > was started in thread "kde-sunset: kdepim-kresources broken". > > I have replaced my code with what I originally intended (the code in > git is wrong, since I made a mistake editing it - here is what I > intended): > > # Check for PATCHES in EAPI=0|1 > case ${EAPI:-0} in > 0|1) > if [[ -n ${PATCHES} ]] && [[ -d "${KDE_S}" ]]; then > base_src_prepare > fi > ;; > esac > > Look, for example, at kde-base/ark ebuild. There is a patch, but it's > not applied correctly without my code.
media-gfx/gwenview-1.4.2-r3, on the other hand, would try applying patches twice /with/ your code.
> What I'm worried about is the check [[ -d "${KDE_S}" ]] makes sure, > that this code is called if > > [[ -d "${KDE_S}" ]] || base_src_unpack unpack > > did not called base-src_unpack and therefore did not applied patches. > > There are two problems with EAPI=0|1 > > 1) It depends on file naming and will not work if base_src_unpack > unpacks into $KDE_S
You mean kde-meta_src_unpack does unpack into $KDE_S, right? I just had a look. For kde-base/ark, kde-meta_src_unpack does unpack part of the tarball, therefore kde_src_unpack won't call base_src_unpack, therefore base_src_prepare won't get called either.
> 2) Even if base_src_unpack calls base_src_prepare, we're adding > patches automatically after this call, but they will not be applied.
You're right, there is code collecting additional patches from $PATCHDIR into the $PATCHES array. So we need to call base_src_prepare /after/ that, while the current base_src_unpack call comes before that, and unpacking has to come before that as $PATCHDIR is unpacked as well. As base_src_unpack calls base_src_prepare unconditionally for recent incarnations of base.eclass, I feel we cannot call base_src_unpack at all. Instead we should simply call "unpack ${A}" directly, and base_src_prepare later on. I feel that this code collecting and applying $PATCHES would be better suited to a kde_src_prepare than kde_src_unpack, but I'm not sure it's worth refactoring kde.eclass.
> Since I can't think of correct check, please let me know if you have > an idea. Also, let me know if I'm wrong about something and it's not > needed at all. (but I doubt that, because ark, as mentioned above, is > counterexample)
No, you are correct in diagnosing the problem. I just had another stab at a solution. Have a look at 5979aefafa6e200a09d5dd7b3a6e99b3e0a9d74e and see if you find any package where that approach doesn't work. Greetings, Martin

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset: Calling base_src_prepare from kde.eclass Ladislav Laska <ladislav.laska@×××××.com>