From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: ktp-text-ui not starting
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 18:03:44
Yohan Pereira posted on Fri, 15 Jun 2012 20:19:36 +0530 as excerpted:

> I recently upgraded to kde telepathy .4 from the kde overlay. This broke > the ktp-text-ui. When I try to start a chat with a contact (googletalk) > I get this notification. > > org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.NotAvailable: Handler no longer > available
> Is there any fix to this save downgrading?
I'm a kde guy but don't run telepathy, so this may or may not help, but I didn't see anything in your post about running revdep-rebuild, or manually rebuilding packages depending on telepathy (equery depends telepathy should get you a list). I'm guessing the ABI changed enough that at least some packages built against it need rebuilt, thus the issue. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: ktp-text-ui not starting Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>