From: Levon Ghazaryan <levon@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: startx / X -config /root/xorg.conf.new crash on T410 intel Arrandale (custom kernel)
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:44:10
1 Thanks Duncan for hints and the thorough reply, I am also pretty sure
2 it's a kernel crash.
3 No logs are leaved, and indeed as I read on wiki.x.org the only way
4 is to log remotely (there is also a guide how).
5
6 in meantime i tried to use a different kernel, though the same version but
7 vanilla source, the effect was the same.
8
9 But i could run ubuntu from the life-cd, it uses the 2.6.32-21, so
10 it seems to me you are right, and it is KMS "crashing" the kernel.
11
12 I'll post the results of my trials this weekend, and many thanks meanwhile,
13
14 ~levon
15