From: Brent Busby <brent@×××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Desktop Listserv <gentoo-desktop@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] [kde-sunset]: kdelibs/cups build failure
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 21:45:25
1 Looks like none of the old kde-sunset people are still around.
2 Ladislav, I'm still maintaining a mirror, if you're out there...
3
4 Anyway, I ended up getting kdelibs working with USE="-cups", but had to
5 trim away some other programs that couldn't be fixed at all.
6
7 One of them was ShowImg. I'd really like to get that one working, since
8 it has no usable equivalent. I've tried Gwenview. Only since 4.8 has
9 Gwenview added arrow key seeking for videos, and on my machine, that
10 feature doesn't actually work. There is basically no other program but
11 ShowImg (that I know of) that can browse through a folder full of videos
12 and seek back and forth in their timeline with the keyboard without
13 having to do something to open them first...basically the only practical
14 videofile browser around. (What if your still image viewer needed you
15 to "open" files before you could actually see them? Same problem...)
16
17 Does anyone have ShowImg currently working on and updated install?
20 + Brent A. Busby + "We've all heard that a million monkeys
21 + Sr. UNIX Systems Admin + banging on a million typewriters will
22 + University of Chicago + eventually reproduce the entire works of
23 + James Franck Institute + Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet,
24 + Materials Research Ctr + we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky