From: Serge <serge@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] K3b can't find source CD to copy
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 17:50:35
1 I am using the 0.2.10 version [masked] and it works great.
2 Serge
3
4 On Sunday, 25 áDecember 2005 19:41, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
5 > Yeah ... I had a version of k3b that would only see the devices as root.
6 > I'm running 0.12.8 at the moment, and it sees the devices as non-root.
7 >
8 > Adrian wrote:
9 > >On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 21:00:54 -0600
10 > >
11 > >Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> wrote the words:
12 > >>K3b used to be my best CD creating and duplicating app, but today when
13 > >>I tried to do a CD copy the program apparently wouldn't recoginze the
14 > >>source CD for copying. I can see the CD-R unit (Sony CD-RW CRX230E)
15 > >>with diskinfo, and this unit shows up as the "CD Reader Device" in the
16 > >>CD Copy dialog, however the Start button in this dialog is disabled
17 > >>and nothing I do seems to enable it. If I start k3b from a cli
18 > >>prompt, I get a dozen or so lines of "k3b: ERROR: (K3bDevice::Device)
19 > >>Unable to do inquiry." although this may have no bearing on the
20 > >>problem.
21 > >
22 > >I had this problem as well. Did you upgrade K3b lately? I emerged the
23 > >latest version and this happened. I went back to the previous version I
24 > >had installed and now it works fine.
25 > >
26 > >Adrian
27 >
28 > --