From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: udev rules question
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 00:11:43
1 On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 23:43 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > Umm... last I heard he had "gone walkabout", simply disappearing, and
3 > nobody seemed to know what happened to him. That was days ago and some
4 > of the other devs are trying to fill in, with mixed results as no one has
5 > his knowledge of the area yet. People are worried, as he didn't resign
6 > or anything, just no communication at all, for days.
7 >
8 > There's a thread on the dev list asking for clarification of metadata.xml
9 > maintainer's policy as a result. But the thread is I believe a couple
10 > days old now with no more input. Maybe he's back?
11 >
12 > I must confess I'm a bit worried too.
13
14 That is worrysome. People who are hurt, are incapacitated or who pass
15 away, just drop offline without a word. I've seen this before. I've
16 gotten crosswise of Jakub on the bugs database and he runs it as a
17 pretty tight ship, but it's obvious that he does a _great_ deal of
18 absolutely necessary work and by and large does a fine job.
19
20 Surely someone with the Gentoo Project has physical stats on his
21 whereabouts such as a phone number and/or snail-mail address.
24 Lindsay Haisley | "In an open world, | PGP public key
25 FMP Computer Services | who needs Windows | available at
26 512-259-1190 | or Gates" | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
27 http://www.fmp.com | |
30 gentoo-desktop@l.g.o mailing list