From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: A few problems with CDs and sound
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:37:42
1 On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 03:28 -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > > Actually, the problem was apparently solved by _unmerging_
3 > > gnomve-vfs-1.0.5-r4 altogether. Now everything works as it should, both
4 > > totem and grip. I may try this, though, since libgnomevfs still
5 > > complains about not being able to find libcdda.so. I'm not sure what
6 > > this library does.
7 >
8 > That is sometimes another option. If it complains about something,
9 > unmerge it and see what happens. I sort of hate to post that because
10 > I didn't know what other packages it may break. I also don't use
11 > Gnome since I am a KDE guy. Just lucky enough to have a machine fast
12 > enough to run KDE. I wasn't sure how deep the dependency was for
13 > Gnome to work without that package.
14
15 Actually, gnomve-vfs-1.0.5-r4 isn't even in the portage tree anymore.
16 If there are any dependencies on it by active, stable ebuilds that
17 aren't solved by gnome-vfs-2.20.1-r1 then that's truly a bug and should
18 be reported. As it is, I still get a warning about gnome-vfs being
19 unable to find libcdda.so, which is a spurious message since libcdda.so
20 seems to have been a _part_ of gnome-vfs (the older version). This
21 ought to be fixed, but it's more of an annoyance bug since totem seems
22 to work as expected otherwise.
23
24 When in doubt on these things, I generally winnow down the slotted
25 components and re-emerge everything involved, and run revdep-rebuild
26 enough to satisfy me that there aren't any _obvious_ breakages.
27
28 > Glad you got it working tho. That's the important part.
29
30 Yep!
33 Lindsay Haisley | "In an open world, | PGP public key
34 FMP Computer Services | who needs Windows | available at
35 512-259-1190 | or Gates" | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
36 http://www.fmp.com | |
39 gentoo-desktop@l.g.o mailing list