From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: A few problems with CDs and sound
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:41:50
1 Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2 > When in doubt on these things, I generally winnow down the slotted
3 > components and re-emerge everything involved, and run revdep-rebuild
4 > enough to satisfy me that there aren't any _obvious_ breakages.
5
6 Hey Lindsay, you might have a look at the output of emerge --depclean
7 -p. If you have a lot of old packages on your machine, there's no
8 telling what versions of them are being linked. If you can get rid of
9 things that don't belong anymore, you might find that revdep-rebuild
10 will find a lot of breakages (indicating that packages were linking to
11 old versions of packages). Do be cautious before blindly unmerging
12 things though!
15 Randy Barlow
16 http://electronsweatshop.com
17 --