From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Sick of evolution!!
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 18:51:29
1 On Monday 15 May 2006 17:19, Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-desktop] Sick of evolution!!':
3 > Are there any programs out there (other than evolution) which will
4 > import an evolution calendar and allow one to at least see it?
5 > Fortunately, I have my contact database backed up to an LDAP db, and it
6 > seems that evolution still works for my contacts, but it's taken to
7 > crashing regularly for email, and when composing or replying to email,
8 > and I've fallen back to using mutt, which never crashes.
9
10 Personally I like Kontact. I'm not sure about back-end compatibility, but
11 you might install it and try to connect to your existing stores of data.
12 It's easy enough to uninstall if you decide that it is not for you.
13
14 For what it's worth, Kontact plays reasonably well with Exchange, the
15 back-end store I have to wrestle with for my work.
18 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
19 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
20 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
21 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh