From: Fat-Zer <fatzer2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE-Sunset : anyone home ?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:03:09
1 2012/10/29 E. Liddell <ejlddll@××××××××××.com>
2
3 > On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 00:45:46 -0400
4 > Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
5 >
6 > > I have subscribed to the Trinity mailing-lists,
7 > > but they are obviously very short-handed & unlikely to support Gentoo;
8 > > it mb possible to compile the essentials from source into /opt/trinity/
9 > .
10 > > Please feel enouraged to get Trinity working here (big smile):
11 > > there are clearly some people who want to go on using a version of KDE 3
12 > ,
13 > > tho' I'm happily at home these days generally with Fluxbox + KDE 4 apps.
14 >
15 > There are ebuilds for Trinity 3.5.13 covering the equivalent of kde-base
16 > + deps and a few other packages--see
17 > http://wiki.hasnoname.de/doku.php/tde:trinity-overlay_on_funtoo_gentoo .
18 > Haven't managed to get them updated for 3.5.13.1 yet because I got hit
19 > with a new job a few months ago and I haven't heard recently from the
20 > other person who was working on this.
21 >
22 > Not to put too fine a point on it, we need help.
23 >
24 I've started a year ago with live ebuilds but after migration to
25 git/renaming/3.5.13 release, I gave up with that... a week ago I've started
26 it again.
27 I've known two or three persons who was doing the same job about a year
28 ago... but they all stucked...
29
30 Here is my small repository: git://github.com/Fat-Zer/trinity.git
31 Now there is only 3.5.13.1 kdebase&kdeartwork-derived stuff... Now I'm
32 starting to package kdegraphics.
33 There is also a bunch of live ebuilds but it seems they got broken tdeinit
34 and some other errors.
35 All base eclases are rewritten so ebuilds become quite easy in management.
36 I believe that in 3-4 weeks I'll finish packaging all modules ported to
37 cmake.
38
39 Your real problem was that you were trying to emerge kdelibs-3.5.10-*r6*,
40 > rather than 3.5.10-r10, which has a patch for openssl > 1.0.0 and compiled
41 > just fine for me as of Thursday.
42 >
43 > The truth is yours... it compiles. I've needed only a small fix because
44 of gcc-4.6 stronger inclde check[or because of something else]. patch
45 attached.
46 But there are some other broken packages like gwenview (fails to compile
47 with new libpng), konversation (don't remembre why) etc...

kdelibs-3.5.10-gcc-4.6-fix.patch application/octet-stream