From: "E. Liddell" <ejlddll@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE-Sunset : anyone home ?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 12:02:42
1 On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 00:45:46 -0400
2 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I have subscribed to the Trinity mailing-lists,
5 > but they are obviously very short-handed & unlikely to support Gentoo;
6 > it mb possible to compile the essentials from source into /opt/trinity/ .
7 > Please feel enouraged to get Trinity working here (big smile):
8 > there are clearly some people who want to go on using a version of KDE 3 ,
9 > tho' I'm happily at home these days generally with Fluxbox + KDE 4 apps.
10
11 There are ebuilds for Trinity 3.5.13 covering the equivalent of kde-base
12 + deps and a few other packages--see
13 http://wiki.hasnoname.de/doku.php/tde:trinity-overlay_on_funtoo_gentoo .
14 Haven't managed to get them updated for 3.5.13.1 yet because I got hit
15 with a new job a few months ago and I haven't heard recently from the
16 other person who was working on this.
17
18 Not to put too fine a point on it, we need help.
19
20 > Anyone else have comments ?
21
22 Your real problem was that you were trying to emerge kdelibs-3.5.10-*r6*,
23 rather than 3.5.10-r10, which has a patch for openssl > 1.0.0 and compiled
24 just fine for me as of Thursday.