From: Rasmus Wiman <rasmus@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Heart rate monitors in gentooo?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:08:36
Aniruddha <mailing_list@××××××.nl> skrev:

> For an efficient workout you don't need a PC companion. I think you > should first look for the most accurate heart rate monitor (there is a > lot of crap out there). I have a polar which works fine. Then I would > email the brand you've chosen if they provide Linux support and if not > why. Are they considering it for the future? Maybe you can put more > pressure behind it with a Swedish user group. Finally I would think > really hard if I really need that pc software. My guess is that unless > you are a professional athlete spend your time having fun in the > activity instead of managing it ;)
Basically, the reason I want to check my data in Linux is because in some cases it's hard to check the heart rate while exercising. Specifically, I windsurf and would want to know what my heart rate is when windsurfing, and this is easy to check in a lull when I'm just comfortably cruising, but in a squall or a storm when conditions get challenging it gets a lot harder. Also, in the winter, I will carry the watch under my drysuit. That's why I want to be able to check my data afterwards. /Rasmus -- gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop] Heart rate monitors in gentooo? Aniruddha <mailing_list@××××××.nl>