From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Qt 4.5.2 changes
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:30:05
1 This is basically a plain copy-paste announcement from yngwin's blogie :)
2
3 ---------
4
5 This is basically a heads-up for Qt users on Gentoo. We are about to add the
6 new 4.5.2 release to portage. With this release we have changed a few things.
7 We no longer have certain useflags enabled by default that are already enabled
8 by the desktop profile. This means that if you are not using the desktop
9 profile, you should look if any useflags have changed and decide which ones you
10 want to enable. Or otherwise, that you no longer need to disable them if you
11 want a minimal install.
12 We also have removed the need for the libX11 dependency in qt-core and a
13 couple of other non-gui modules. So you can now for example have a server-only
14 install of quassel with minimal dependencies. The libX11 dependency is now
15 only pulled by packages that really need it.
16 Another thing that changed is that we dropped the custom-cxxflags useflag. After
17 a long period of testing we haven’t come across any problems with “advanced”
18 cxxflags in Qt 4.5, so now we always let the Qt modules be built with the user-
19 specified flags. As this is an eclass level change, this means also users of the
20 stable branch will see this change. An emerge --newuse world will trigger a
21 recompile of Qt, but this means you will get better optimizations.
23
24 Link: http://ben.liveforge.org/2009/06/27/qt-452-changes
25
26 Enjoy your Qt experience :)
27 --
28 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
29 Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sunrise/Sound]
30 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org