From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Qt 4.5.2 changes
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 22:35:20
1 On 06/28/2009 12:29 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Another thing that changed is that we dropped the custom-cxxflags useflag. After
3 > a long period of testing we haven’t come across any problems with “advanced”
4 > cxxflags in Qt 4.5, so now we always let the Qt modules be built with the user-
5 > specified flags. As this is an eclass level change, this means also users of the
6 > stable branch will see this change. An emerge --newuse world will trigger a
7 > recompile of Qt, but this means you will get better optimizations.
8
9 Thanks to everyone involved.
10
11 I notice though that CXXFLAGS are duplicated. This was always that way
12 though, for years, but it's a bit annoying. I suppose there's nothing
13 that can be done about it?
14
15 (Example, when compiling something that has to do with Qt here, the
16 command is:
17
18 /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.3.3/g++ -c -mtune=core2 -march=core2
19 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fno-exceptions -mtune=core2 -march=core2
20 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe
21
22 There's no point in having everything doubled :P)