From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Multimedia Playback Speed
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 02:44:54
1 Thus spake Michael Mauch on Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 03:32:36PM CDT
2 > Lindsay Haisley wrote:
3 >
4 > > Thus spake Robert Zwerus on Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 11:56:35AM CDT
5 > > > On Monday 17 April 2006 18:41, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
6 > > > > The sound card is a Turtle Beach Catalina which uses the evny24ht. I had
7 > > > > some initial problems with it since it requires S32_LE input to alsa
8 > > > > supported devices which wouldn't work unless I spec'd this format in my
9 > > > > .asoundrc.
10 > > > >
11 > > > > mlayer is at v1.0.20060217
12 > > > What happens when you play without sound, e.g. mplayer blah.avi -ao null?
13 > >
14 > > 'mplayer /blah.../blah.mov' plays too fast. I can't slow it down to a proper
15 > > speed.
16 >
17 > Over at the Ubuntu forums there's a howto that seems to be related to
18 > your problem. From <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=75281>:
19
20 I have a 32 bit OS running on a 32 bit CPU, so I'm doubtful that this would
21 work, although I'll try it when I get the chance.
22
23 Also, why would I only have the problem of things running double-speed when
24 sound is turned _on_ in mplayer?
25
26 > 1) noapic nolapic
27 > OR
28 > 2) noapic acpi=noirq
29 > OR
30 > 3) noapic acpi=off
31 > OR
32 > 4) noapictimer
33 > OR
34 > 5) noapictimer irqpoll
35 > OR
36 > 6) noapic acpi=off
37 > OR
38 > 7) noapic acpi=noirq nolapic
39 >
40 > Maybe one of these kernel parameter combinations help in your case, too.
41 >
42 > Regards...
43 > Michael
44 > --
45 > gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list
49 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
50 FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
51 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
52 http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
53 | (Pamela Jones) |
54 --