From: Michael Mauch <michael.mauch@×××.de>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Multimedia Playback Speed
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 20:36:02
1 Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2
3 > Thus spake Robert Zwerus on Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 11:56:35AM CDT
4 > > On Monday 17 April 2006 18:41, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
5 > > > The sound card is a Turtle Beach Catalina which uses the evny24ht. I had
6 > > > some initial problems with it since it requires S32_LE input to alsa
7 > > > supported devices which wouldn't work unless I spec'd this format in my
8 > > > .asoundrc.
9 > > >
10 > > > mlayer is at v1.0.20060217
11 > > What happens when you play without sound, e.g. mplayer blah.avi -ao null?
12 >
13 > 'mplayer /blah.../blah.mov' plays too fast. I can't slow it down to a proper
14 > speed.
15
16 Over at the Ubuntu forums there's a howto that seems to be related to
17 your problem. From <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=75281>:
18
19 1) noapic nolapic
20 OR
21 2) noapic acpi=noirq
22 OR
23 3) noapic acpi=off
24 OR
25 4) noapictimer
26 OR
27 5) noapictimer irqpoll
28 OR
29 6) noapic acpi=off
30 OR
31 7) noapic acpi=noirq nolapic
32
33 Maybe one of these kernel parameter combinations help in your case, too.
34
35 Regards...
36 Michael
37 --