From: Brent Busby <brent@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: kde-sunset: new akode build problems
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 18:42:38
1 On Sun, 22 Aug 2010, Dr Andrew John Hughes wrote:
2
3 [...]
4 >> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/../../../crtn.o: No such file or
5 >> directory
6 >> make[1]: *** [libakode.la] Error 1
7 >> make[1]: Leaving directory
8 >> `/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/akode-2.0.2/work/akode-2.0.2/akode/lib'
9 >> make: *** [all] Error 2
10 >>
11 >> This is correct, those files does not exist, since I don't have gcc
12 >> 4.4.3 installed (had it once, now I have 4.4.4). I tried gcc-config
13 >> and it still throws this error. After rebuilding libtool, it worked
14 >> like a charm. So this leads me to think that gcc version is somehow
15 >> hardcoded in libtool? But that's just stupid, it can't be.
18 > It is. Re-emerging libtool fixed the same issue for me.
19 >
20 > libtool is rarely used directly like this. Usually a libtool script
21 > is generated for the particular setup. This is why you don't see the
22 > same libtool failure in normal portage builds.
23 >
24 > The one in akode is generated by admin/ltmain.sh
25
26 I may not have understood correctly, but I tried re-emerging the system
27 package for libtool, and it didn't help with the akode problem. It
28 sounds like you're saying that the source tarball for akode ships with
29 its own bundled (and old) version of libtool, but if it would just use
30 the newer version provided by the system, the build would succeed.
31
32 How did you fix that by re-emerging the system libtool though?
35 + Brent A. Busby + "We've all heard that a million monkeys
36 + UNIX Systems Admin + banging on a million typewriters will
37 + University of Chicago + eventually reproduce the entire works of
38 + Physical Sciences Div. + Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet,
39 + James Franck Institute + we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky