From: Ladislav Laska <ladislav.laska@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: kde-sunset: new akode build problems
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:29:41
1 No.
2
3 The akode ships its own, old, version (generated specifically for
4 akode) which is buggy. We have tried to hack the makefile to use
5 system version of libtool - this works most of the time (in case gcc
6 was updated after libtool was merged, in my case libtool failed
7 because of it - in this case, re-emergin libtool fixed the problem and
8 the hack worked).
9
10 However, I don't know where is the problem and neither Andrew seems to know.
11
12 As Andrew found out, it seems to be a bug in configuration, since
13 regenerating libtool script does not help (I'm not an expert, but it
14 seems that if you run system's libtool, it does not read scripts in
15 project directory and 'just does something') - that's why hack works
16 and anything else doesn't. Unfortunately, we can't use this hack in
17 ebuild, since it requires libtool rebuild in most cases.
18
19 Regards Ladislav Laska
20 S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
21 ---