From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: has the sun set ?
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 18:39:30
1 Philip Webb posted on Tue, 02 Jun 2015 09:31:25 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > I didn't say that (grimace) : I'm a happy user of KDE 4 apps -- Konsole
4 > Gwenview Okular etc -- , but don't need the heavyweight desktop & do
5 > still like to use 3 small pkgs which didn't get ported.
6
7 OK, thanks for the correction. I had read that before and simply
8 forgotten about it.
9
10 At least with the 4-2-5 upgrade, upstream is supporting qt4 and kdelibs4
11 still being installed, along with various misc kde4 apps, some of which
12 are known not to have (stable) qt5/kde5 versions, yet, and actually ship
13 some still kde4 versions in their recent kde4/5 unified desktop
14 releases. It's only the core desktop (including kwin, unfortunately for
15 me) that must be 5 if any of it is 5 and can't be installed with 4, the
16 rest can still be 4.
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman