From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: has the sun set ?
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 13:31:37
1 150602 Duncan wrote:
2 > Philip Webb posted on Tue, 02 Jun 2015 07:00:26 -0400 as excerpted:
3 >> 150601 Martin Walch wrote:
4 >>> You are probably aware that KDE comes with a kworldclock plasmoid,
5 >> Yes, but I use Fluxbox to manage my desktop, so that doesn't help.
6 > There is a plasmoid-in-window executable called plasma-windowed
7 > that can be used to run plasmoids as stand-alone apps.
8 > In kde4, plasma-windowed is part of the plasma-workspace package.
9 > Tho building all plasma and its deps just to run the kworldclock plasmoid
10 > using plasma-windowed seems a bit much.
11
12 Thanks for the info, but as you say, it wb a bit much (wry smile).
13
14 > I find it a bit ironic that just as kde5 is beginning to be seen in distros
15 > you're barely considering upgrading to kde4 from the kde3
16 > you've been running from the sunset overlay.
17
18 I didn't say that (grimace) : I'm a happy user of KDE 4 apps
19 -- Konsole Gwenview Okular etc -- , but don't need the heavyweight desktop
20 & do still like to use 3 small pkgs which didn't get ported.
24 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
25 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
26 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca