From: Serghei Amelian <serghei@××××.ro>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 21:06:11
1 On Thursday 05 December 2013 22:52:26 Keiji Costantini wrote:
2 > 2013/12/5 <wabenbau@×××××.com>
3
4 > > 3. Are there any other things that I have to take care of before I
5 > > install KDE 3.5?
6 >
7 > KDE 3.5 is built for HAL, which gentoo got rid of. So basically you will
8 > not get mounting and unmounting of devices at DE level (I use bashmount for
9 > that). Battery monitoring seems to work (but I don't remember exactly HOW
10 > and WHY)
11
12 Sometime ago I created an udisks2 backend and a polkit client, but it needs
13 some effort to integrate they into kde-sunset (i'm not longer active
14 kde3-sunset maintainer, as I switched to Fedora). If someone is interested,
15 all sources are here: https://github.com/serghei?tab=repositories
16
17 udisks2 backend and some other things related to upower are already integrated
18 into OpenSuse's KDE3. http://lizards.opensuse.org/author/ansus/
19
20 Unfortunately currently my time is very limited, but when it is possibile I'm
21 still trying to keep the KDE3 alive.
22
23 > You will need to tweak xdm to have kdm3 working.
24 > there are some distfiles that went rogue, you may have to search for them
25 > on google and procure externally".
26 >
27 > > regards
32 Serghei