From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Adding a text fiile printer (or any printer) in OpenOffice
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:40:53
1 On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 00:06 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > > Well neither the html nor plain text versions of the document, as saved
3 > > by OpenOffice, preserved the formatting I want, so no-go there. If I
4 > > can't get the document into properly formatted plain text, I think I'll
5 > > stick with pdf, odt and/or ps, all of which preserve the formatting.
6 >
7 > PDF is what I'd do, if plain text wasn't viable. It's widely used and
8 > has an open spec. A lot of government and commercial stuff is PDF, so I
9 > don't think the need to read it anyway is going anywhere for awhile.
10
11 My thinking exactly :-) Postscript is also very widely supported. It's
12 the meta-format for many printers these days. I'd really love to see ODF
13 become as popular, but it hasn't happened yet.
16 Lindsay Haisley | "In an open world, | PGP public key
17 FMP Computer Services | who needs Windows | available at
18 512-259-1190 | or Gates" | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
19 http://www.fmp.com | |
22 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list