From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Adding a text fiile printer (or any printer) in OpenOffice
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 00:18:21
1 Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com> posted
2 1180472968.8294.10.camel@××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Tue, 29 May
3 2007 16:09:28 -0500:
4
5 > Well neither the html nor plain text versions of the document, as saved
6 > by OpenOffice, preserved the formatting I want, so no-go there. If I
7 > can't get the document into properly formatted plain text, I think I'll
8 > stick with pdf, odt and/or ps, all of which preserve the formatting.
9
10 PDF is what I'd do, if plain text wasn't viable. It's widely used and
11 has an open spec. A lot of government and commercial stuff is PDF, so I
12 don't think the need to read it anyway is going anywhere for awhile.
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
20 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list