From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] xf86-video-ati-6.8.0 ?
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 22:58:24
1 On 20:15 Tue 04 Mar , Duncan wrote:
2 > emerge --pretend =xf86-video-ati-6.8.0
3 >
4 > [snip]
5 > - x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-6.8.0 (masked by: package.mask)
6 > /p/profiles/package.mask:
7 > # Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@g.o> (27 Mar 2007)
8 > # Release candidate ATI driver
11 > If I may, that's not a release candidate any more, despite what the mask
12 > says. Are there major issues keeping it from ~arch still (and if so why
13 > does the mask still say rc), or did someone forget about the rc mask when
14 > the release got added to portage? I'm not saying rush it if there are
15 > issues, more inquiring what they are and what a reasonable timetable
16 > might look like, plus commenting on the now incorrect masking comment, of
17 > course. =8^P
18 >
19 > I suppose I'll soon see, as I'm going to be unmasking it to try...
20 > probably later today, if nobody's yelling DON'T, IT'LL EAT YOUR DATA or
21 > the like, by then.
22
23 Yes, please read the ChangeLog.
24