From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Adding a text fiile printer (or any printer) in OpenOffice
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 16:23:52
1 On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 12:01 -0400, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
2 > > The resulting document uses a Courier non-prop. font and I'd like to be
3 > > able to print it to a text file _just as it looks_ and preserve all the
4 > > indentation, centering and justification. Seems like just about any
5 > > format I save it to, however (HTML, RTF, text) loses these features and
6 > > I'll have another job ahead of me re-formatting everything again in vim
7 > > or some other text editor. This can be done, but I'm wondering if
8 > > there's any way to get text output from OpenOffice that's truer to the
9 > > original appearance.
10 >
11 > Is there some reason you can't save it as a text (or RTF, or
12 > opendocument) file? I've imported from obscure wordprocessors before,
13 > and saved as normal files fine.
14
15 I can leave it in any one of a number of formats. I've created ps, pdf
16 and odf files which are properly formatted (rtf is not). My thinking is
17 that this is archival material and if I'm going to submit it to an
18 archive site, plain ASCII text is a lot more likely to be easily read
19 and understood 20 years from now than is a more complex format.
22 Lindsay Haisley | "In an open world, | PGP public key
23 FMP Computer Services | who needs Windows | available at
24 512-259-1190 | or Gates" | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
25 http://www.fmp.com | |
28 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list