From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-lang@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev-lang] The D language
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:24:52
Wednesday, 13. June 2007, Alexandre Bique Ви написали:
> What do you think of adding a dev-d category to portage ? > If you don't know the D programing language, you should take > a look at it's very exciting ;-)
Well, I do know about D, but what I would like to know about is how many D-related packages are we talking about here? Is there some list somwhere, best of all in a bug? That really is the basis for the decision. Last time when I looked for D reated submissions (triggered by that gdc bug) I only could see two and even then those were for the compilers themselves (gdc and dmd) and these will go under dev-lang. Another category only makes sense if there are enough D libs or other D-specific packages ready for inclusion or already scattered around the tree. Actually, on second read I feel a bit confused. Are you talking about including the D compiler itself by chance? In that case you are too late - it is already in ;). Check the use flags of later gcc versions and try to look for dmd as well. That last one might not be in yet (not sure completely, D was finally taken over by somebody, so I stopped paying much attention) but n any case you might find the ebuild in bugzilla, just search for dmd. George PS We also have this mailing list?? Amaizing, I did not realize that :). Even though I don't remember signing up for it, but that may be because I am on lang-misc herd. In any case, I suspect there are not that many peple on this list, so, in general, you might get better luck on gentoo-dev. It gets too little attention lately (what I mean is, it severely lacks development contents, may be this is the reason there are so many falmes on it :)). -- gentoo-dev-lang@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev-lang] The D language Alexandre Bique <bique.alexandre@×××××.com>
Re: [gentoo-dev-lang] The D language Luis Francisco Araujo <araujo@g.o>