From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-lang@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev-lang] The D language
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:24:52
1 Wednesday, 13. June 2007, Alexandre Bique Ви написали:
2 > What do you think of adding a dev-d category to portage ?
3 > If you don't know the D programing language, you should take
4 > a look at http://www.digitalmars.com/d/ it's very exciting ;-)
5 Well, I do know about D, but what I would like to know about is how many
6 D-related packages are we talking about here? Is there some list somwhere,
7 best of all in a bug? That really is the basis for the decision. Last time
8 when I looked for D reated submissions (triggered by that gdc bug) I only
9 could see two and even then those were for the compilers themselves (gdc and
10 dmd) and these will go under dev-lang. Another category only makes sense if
11 there are enough D libs or other D-specific packages ready for inclusion or
12 already scattered around the tree.
13
14 Actually, on second read I feel a bit confused. Are you talking about
15 including the D compiler itself by chance? In that case you are too late - it
16 is already in ;). Check the use flags of later gcc versions and try to look
17 for dmd as well. That last one might not be in yet (not sure completely, D
18 was finally taken over by somebody, so I stopped paying much attention) but n
19 any case you might find the ebuild in bugzilla, just search for dmd.
20
21 George
22
23 PS
24 We also have this mailing list?? Amaizing, I did not realize that :). Even
25 though I don't remember signing up for it, but that may be because I am on
26 lang-misc herd. In any case, I suspect there are not that many peple on this
27 list, so, in general, you might get better luck on gentoo-dev. It gets too
28 little attention lately (what I mean is, it severely lacks development
29 contents, may be this is the reason there are so many falmes on it :)).
30 --
31 gentoo-dev-lang@g.o mailing list