From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Trustees Announcement
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 00:12:26
1 Torsten Veller wrote:
2 > * Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>:
3 >> Stuart Herbert wrote:
4 >>> On 9/5/06, Stephen P. Becker <geoman@g.o> wrote:
5 >>>> I just remembered something. Didn't Stuart say that he planned on
6 >>>> leaving Gentoo when he was nominated for the Council recently (and
7 >>>> declined)?
8 >>> Yes I did. There are a few things I want to achieve before I leave;
9 >>> being on the Council would have been a distraction from that.
10 >>>
11 >> Not trying to be confused - its a natural state for me. Does this mean
12 >> you are not a trustee (declining the role) and so there is still 1 slot
13 >> open?
14 >
15 > No, you are mixing council and trustee.
16
17 Actually, I *think* he was trying to ask why Stuart feels that he can
18 take on the responsibility of being a trustee if he felt that he didn't
19 have the time to take on the responsibility of being a council member.
20 I also must admit that I'm curious of the answer to that in light of the
21 fact that he admittedly plans on leaving Gentoo sometime soon.
22
23 -Steve
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list