From: Ben Kohler <bkohler@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding USE=udev to linux profiles
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 12:21:01
1 On 07/19/18 20:54, Mikle Kolyada wrote:
2
3 > +1. widely used profiles should have as least flags enabled by default
4 > as possible, I would not be happy with +udev on my servers.
5 >
6 I disagree with this premise. The default and most widely used profiles
7 should fit the most common use cases.
8
9 I'd be curious as to what problems would be caused on your servers if
10 this flag were turned on-- specifically what packages will get the flag
11 turned on, where that bothers you? On my servers, the impact is very
12 minimal.
13
14 I'm not totally sure that my proposal of USE=udev is correct/justified,
15 but there are a few counter-arguments I've heard that I don't think hold
16 water, I'd like to focus on the others.
17
18 -Ben

pEpkey.asc application/pgp-keys