From: Anthony Gorecki <agorecki@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] looking for mentor
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 02:57:57
1 On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 02:21:44 +0200, Jonas Geiregat wrote:
2 > I'm interested in portage and gentoolkits , that includes mainting and
3 > creating ebuilds.
4
5 I may not have interpreted your message correctly. If I inferred something
6 from it that you didn't intend to convey, please clarify.
7
8 Developing the Portage software itself is an entirely different process than
9 creating an ebuild: unless you're planning to contribute enhancement code to
10 Gentoolkit or Portage, they're just a set of tools for package development and
11 management. In order to create an ebuild, you need to know what package you
12 /want/ to bring into the tree. Randomly submitting ebuilds that will shortly
13 thereafter be without a home is only a recipe for neglected packages.
17 Anthony Gorecki
18 Ectro-Linux Foundation
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list