From: Jonas Geiregat <yux@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] looking for mentor
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 09:25:16
1 >I may not have interpreted your message correctly. If I inferred something
2 >from it that you didn't intend to convey, please clarify.
3 >
4 >Developing the Portage software itself is an entirely different process than
5 >creating an ebuild: unless you're planning to contribute enhancement code to
6 >Gentoolkit or Portage, they're just a set of tools for package development and
7 >management. In order to create an ebuild, you need to know what package you
8 >/want/ to bring into the tree. Randomly submitting ebuilds that will shortly
9 >thereafter be without a home is only a recipe for neglected packages.
13 I'm aware of the fact that building portage related software is
14 different from creating ebuilds. I'm interested in the openoffice
15 ebuilds, as well as scheme and some lisp related ebuilds.
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list