From: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:32:59
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:10:21 -0400 Chris Gianelloni
3 > <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Well, mlmmj doesn't have this sort of feature. Instead, it has a more
5 >> procmail-like access list. We can use that to put users into a
6 >> read-only status, by filtering for them and denying posting from them,
7 >> but that still doesn't change my opinion that participation on the
8 >> mailing lists, including *receiving* mails, is a privilege, not a
9 >> right. Currently, it is a privilege that we extend to anyone, and we
10 >> have not revoked it except in dire circumstances.
11 >
12 > Then why are there public archives?
15 Note the subtle difference between "receiving" and "reading in public
16 archives". Some people may prefer their mail client.
19 Vlastimil Babka (Caster)
20 Gentoo/Java
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list