From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:07:56
1 On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:10:21 -0400 Chris Gianelloni
2 <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 > Well, mlmmj doesn't have this sort of feature. Instead, it has a more
4 > procmail-like access list. We can use that to put users into a
5 > read-only status, by filtering for them and denying posting from them,
6 > but that still doesn't change my opinion that participation on the
7 > mailing lists, including *receiving* mails, is a privilege, not a
8 > right. Currently, it is a privilege that we extend to anyone, and we
9 > have not revoked it except in dire circumstances.
10
11 Then why are there public archives?
14 Ciaran McCreesh
15 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org