From: Fred Van Andel <fred@××××××××.net>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A proposal for discussion
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:37:25
1 At 12:08 AM 9/30/02 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 >i would have to disagree on this ...
3 >running a todo list is kind of out of scope of opening public access to the
4 >-core list. plus, turning -core into the center of todo operations is outside
5 >the scode of the -core list.
6 >discussions that happen on -core are meant for the 'core' of Gentoo.
7 >also, as we've seen in the past, some topics that are discussed on -core
8 >can lead to an explosion of misguided discussions.
9 >-mike
12 I must agree. The openness of the -core list is unrelated to a todo list
13 and should be considered as a separate issue.
14
15 The person who maintains to todo list must have to support/guidance of the
16 core developers and should have access to the -core list to ensure that the
17 todo list does not conflict with the direction that -core is going. The
18 obvious way to accomplish this would be to have one of the core members
19 maintain the todo list. This is exactly the type of non-technical routine
20 work that the todo list is designed to off load from the core group. Only
21 the core developers can decide what direction that they want to go on that one.
22
23 Fred Van Andel